Anyone local running ZeoVit

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

reedman

Is there anyone locally running zeovit (or components of it)? I am trying to get some contacts locally that I can talk to about the system I have considered it in the past, but chose to wait and see the longer term effects. I am now to the point of looking a little closer. Let me know if you are using this system.

Thanks,
Reed

Yep. I know Jan is running Zeo. Just seeing if she is the only one in the state of WA or not.

Hi there,

I know of a couple other people besides me in WA, and I'm sure there's more than those two. One person is in Bellingham and you might find him via the Zeovit.com web forum (I'd post this same question on that forum if you haven't already). The other person is on the east side, Kirkland/Bellevue or thereabouts. Sorry I can't remember either of their user names at the moment but hopefully you'll get some responses from them or other people.

Thanks Jan. I was surprised that no one else has posted here. I guess all the action is over on the zeovit site. I'll just post over there. I'll probably PM you with a few questions too if that is ok.

Thanks Jan. I was surprised that no one else has posted here. I guess all the action is over on the zeovit site. I'll just post over there. I'll probably PM you with a few questions too if that is ok.

Absolutely, that's fine. :)

How do you like it?
How long have you been running it?
Part of a complete "low nutrient system" or just an additive?

Thanks for posting.
-Reed

I've been running it for probably 9 months or more. It was part of a low nutrient system with all the other additives recommended (1-5, amino acids, and Pro Skimmer). Because I have basically no nutrients left, I've taken all but approx. 2 tbsp's of FiltraM out, taken off my skimmer, and just add amino acids and Pro Skimmer everyday (I also run charcoal as recommended with FiltraM). I still apparently don't have enough nutrients because my corals are very light (0 Nitrate & Phosphates still). I'm running T5s however, and will be switching to MHs soon. I like that FiltraM is strong, but I can't seem to feed enough to get enough nutrients *back* in. I'm reserving input for now, but you can see my 'Need more light or nutrients?' thread in the SPS coral section.

Back