Anyone out there have any diy aquarium stand plans that I could use???

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

artman230

Predator
I am going to attempt to make a stand for my 45 gallon tall tank and any suggestions would be much appreciated as I dont want a disaster to happen on my account. I am looking for some pictures of how to build it though. I was trying to draw plans myself but I cant seem to make it work in my head. I just need to get pointed in the right direction please...

I am going to attempt to make a stand for my 45 gallon tall tank and any suggestions would be much appreciated as I dont want a disaster to happen on my account. I am looking for some pictures of how to build it though. I was trying to draw plans myself but I cant seem to make it work in my head. I just need to get pointed in the right direction please...

It would help to know what your looking for. What tools you have and what you want it to look like. Do you want a piece of furniture or do you want the a covered work bench.

Don

I'll dig up some pics of my stand I just finished, might give you some ideas... Mine is built like a tank with tons of support!

Last edited:
the one thing I did different is use 2x6 for the rim and 2x4 for the cross supports for the bottom that way I can paint and seal it and it will hold water in case of a leak!!! I will have 2" before a spill onto the floor!!!

this is thee bottom
I put the 2x4s flat and stood up the 2x6's for the lip on the bottom of my stand with the sumps that will be in them!!
Adams125pinninsuladream003.jpg

My Stand

Here are a few pics of the stand I just finished for my new 120. It was made with a simple 2x4 frame and wrapped in 1/2" Birch plywood on the sides and 3/4" Birch plywood on the decks. The trim is chair rail moulding. I am just finishing the doors up so they have not beend hung yet.

Garf.org has a couple stand pages on their web-site. Bigffish

Back