Anyone Successfully Fragged a Figi Leather

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ronj

Blue Tang
i am thinking about fragging one of my figi's...i read on GARF that they have never been able to frag one with success...has anyone done this????

I have a yellow Fiji leather that I fragged. Its easy. Just take it out of the tank and start slicing with a razor blade. Rubberband the frags to a rock (not to tight) and it will attach in a few days.

i have fragged other leathers alot, but i heard this one was difficult to propagate

I have also fragged my yellow fiji. As stated above just use a new razor. I sliced the top of the rim off so the mother still looks good after the fragging. Just keep your water quality good afterwards and you should be fine.

cool...i wonder why GARF couldn't get them to live??????? that is why i never attempted it, because of their article

If you look at garfs site alot of their articles are several years old. They have alot of good info and I have done good business with them.

well i just fragged it..i just cut around the perimeter of the cap..i actually left about half of it...i got 4 frags..i will see if these are successful

Back