Anyone use the Oceanus RO Unit?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

kozmo02

Aquatic Reef Systems Oceanus unit, if so please post here I'd like to go over a couple of things.

It appears they shut down their website, I bought this unit a couple years ago used and I am just now getting around to setting it up and have some questions.

I heard that Bryan went out of business (but I don't know that for a fact).

However, these things are all built with stock components. If I recall correctly, the Oceanus has a carbon block, sediment filter, 100 GPD membrane, and then a mixed bed resin filter.

What's your question? We can probably figure out your answer even if we don't own that model.

checkvalvero.jpg

Basically I know that is the auto shut off to the right, but to the left I am wondering if that is the correct check valve necessary to set this up to a float valve.

I have a 40g drum with a float valve attached and I want to set the RO unit up to that, but some guys from my local club weren't sure if that check valve was correct or not.

The red arrows indicate which way the arrows are pointing on the check valve.

The check valve goes on the membranes output, with flow going in the same direction as the water. If you turned it the other way water would not come out at all.

Don

yea, i realize that, right now the check valve is on the output of the membrane. however, my question is whether or not this check valve is sufficient enough to hook up to a float valve so that it automatically shuts off when the container is full.

a couple members of my club said their check valves are placed in different areas and they asked me to see if I could find out any more information about the placement of this check valve and whether or not it would work for what I'm looking to do.

Originally I was going to order the SpectraPure auto-shut off and the SpectraPure check valve, however, after looking at this unit I realized that it had an auto shut off and a check valve as well, so I wanted to try and find out more info on them so I don't flood my garage :D

As long as the asv is working it will not fllood. The check valve keeps the mebrane from sucking water back in(osmotic siphoning). The asv would work fine without it but it would be hard on the membrane.

Don

Back