Anyone using new AquaticLife Skimmer?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I have one setup in my shop and to be honest. It is the best small skimmer I have seen. It actually works unlike most of the little skimmers, and it is affordable.

The first one I had in, I setup as a display, and had a good customer with a 30 gallon nano come in, and he bought it from me after seeing it work. So far he loves it as well.

Kim

I can't remember which all in ones it will fit into, but if you have a 3x3 section 10 inches deep you should be able to make it fit. I know some people have trimmed the inside of the trim to allow it to drop down into the section. You can find quite a bit of info on this skimmer on Nano-Reef.com.

Kim

It can not be used as a hang on the back, just a hang on the inside...:)

I keep planning on getting pictures of the one I have running, but I get busy and forget. If there is anything you need to know about it, just let me know, or any pictures you want to see.... .or if you feel like a drive, just come on over and I can show it to you. :)

Kim

Looks like a nice little skimmer. Pry good for a 10-15g tank. Beats the heck out of a biocube. Personally I think the best small skimmers on the market hot or hit are the bubble magnus. I've tried the internal and external and they are both great. And for there build quality excellent priced. 1/4" cast acrylic and mj pump's. The external i use pulls 230lph air at 4w + 6w from the feed pump and is a recirc. The internal pulls same air at 13w. Lots of nice nano tank skimmers coming out.

I know!! So many to choose from!! We just set up the Aquapod 24 and I really want to get a skimmer for it. I gotta say, I really like the idea of a $50.00 skimmer...lol. Unless it's crap and won't work. Also liking the Sapphire. Guess I'll wait for a bit and just do water changes for now. I think there will be a lot more choices in the next 6 months or so.

Here is a picture of the one I have running in my shop.

dsc_0029.jpg

Back