Anyone with flaming prawn goby info??

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I am planning on purchasing one of these goby's this weekend, but I have a few questions that are stalling my purchase decision. Does anyone know how well they pair up with pistol shrimp? I have a nice and tiny candycane pistol shrimp I would like to pair up. Also anyone who has any experience with this goby, how long did it take before you would regularly see it out and about in your tank? Thanks so much for any help you can give me!

in my experience they are crazy hardy and a great little fish. where they get "prawn goby" from i'll never know, they don't live with pistol shrimp so i can't figure how they arrived at that name. i had mine in a 40 breeder and i saw him for 3 days straight then he disappeared for 5mo. once i found where he liked to hang out (a cave-ish structure with-in the rockwork) i was able to see him pretty much every day. he lived fine with an assortment of other gobies, leopard wrasse, jawfish, and fairy wrasses untill we had a lovely storm that took my power for about 5 days and killed everything. they are ravenous albeit tiny little fish. if you want to pair up the candycane shrimp get a yasa hashe or yellow-rose goby.

Back