• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Apex coding programs for Helios (and other) LED ramp programs.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Herefishyfishy

Smart Bass
I have all my lights daisy chained together wqith Cat5 cables, so only need to controll Blue groups and White groups.
I have three profiles for each color group. Ramp up, daytime full, and ramp down. I also added a moonlight feature to keep them for a couple hours at lowest setting to be able to work in tank and see during the evening. I am running a little more white power and little less blue just for personal taste. Still looks between 15 and 20K in visable color.

I have the blue group on one variable outlet and the white group on another variable outlet. Both groups are wired into the same Apex module cable. Thee power cords are also daisy chained and plugged into the wall.

Profile Name Blueup
Ramp time (minutes) 240
Start intensity 19 (%)
End intensity 55 (%)

Profile Name Blueday
Ramp time (minutes) 1
Start intensity 55 (%)
End intensity 55 (%)

Profile Name Bluedown
Ramp time (minutes) 210
Start intensity 55 (%)
End intensity 19 (%)

Profile Name Bluemoon
Ramp time (minutes) 120
Start intensity 19 (%)
End intensity 19 (%)

Profile Name Whiteup
Ramp time (minutes) 120
Start intensity 20 (%)
End intensity 65 (%)

Profile Name Whiteday
Ramp time (minutes) 1
Start intensity 65 (%)
End intensity 65 (%)

Profile Name Whitedown
Ramp time (minutes) 210
Start intensity 65 (%)
End intensity 20 (%)

Variable outlet #1 called LEDBlue
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Time 06:30 to 10:30 Then Blueup
If Time 10:30 to 14:30 Then Blueday
If Time 14:30 to 18:00 Then Bluedown
If Time 18:00 to 20:00 Then Bluemoon
If Temp > 82.5 Then OFF
Min Time 030:00 Then OFF

Variable outlet #2 called LEDWhite
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Time 08:30 to 10:30 Then Whiteup
If Time 10:30 to 16:00 Then Whiteday
If Time 16:00 to 18:00 Then Whitedow
If Temp > 82.5 Then OFF

Can seem a bit overwhelming, but after playing with it, makes sense pretty quick.
Programming an Apex is a real piece of cake compared to my AClll

I truly prefer "IF" Statements over 0-9 A-F anyday:clap2:. Thanks I'll keep this as a template once i receive mine.

Curious, Eric and Mike remarked that there is a doubling effect with Apex and the drivers in the fixtures. Ex: Apex set at 10% and led emits 20% @ 1w on driver. So the lowest setting can be Apex 5% @.5w = 10% led emitted. So, how does this equate to your figures? Btw I am not sure if my ramp is codded properly as I'm not noticing visual ramp happening wi current max set @ 20% durring acclimation going 3 months now.

Deb the new converter chip takes care of of that. What it does is to take the old 0-10v analog signal from the APex and converts it to 0-5v digital signal that our lights prefer. Sometimes the digital receptor will except this signal regardless (which is what happened to yours) and work (we saw the ramping effect as we have it set to a lower power intensity). But in saying that I have ordered a converter chip for you and will build it and bring it to you at our cost no problem. Once their we can re set your system like I did with Mike on his Apex for all the fancy programming.

mojo

OMG...thank you, thank you, thank you....I've been somewhat been down about how to achieve some of the fancy settings they're capable of. BTW I've bumped my blue setting to 25% and whites remain at 5%--because I prefer a deeper look.

They came in yesterday, so I am tied up on monday but I will put yours together on tuesday and bring it out to ya.

mojo

Awsome news on the new coding chip

They came in yesterday, so I am tied up on monday but I will put yours together on tuesday and bring it out to ya.

mojo

I royally screwed up my programming when trying the settings above and still haven't gotten the whites to stay on at anything other than full on. could you also bring the light meter? I still don't know if my setting are giving me anything less than 100%. Always looks bright.

I have all my lights daisy chained together wqith Cat5 cables, so only need to controll Blue groups and White groups.
I have three profiles for each color group. Ramp up, daytime full, and ramp down. I also added a moonlight feature to keep them for a couple hours at lowest setting to be able to work in tank and see during the evening. I am running a little more white power and little less blue just for personal taste. Still looks between 15 and 20K in visable color.

I have the blue group on one variable outlet and the white group on another variable outlet. Both groups are wired into the same Apex module cable. Thee power cords are also daisy chained and plugged into the wall.

Profile Name Blueup
Ramp time (minutes) 240
Start intensity 19 (%)
End intensity 55 (%)

Profile Name Blueday
Ramp time (minutes) 1
Start intensity 55 (%)
End intensity 55 (%)

Profile Name Bluedown
Ramp time (minutes) 210
Start intensity 55 (%)
End intensity 19 (%)

Profile Name Bluemoon
Ramp time (minutes) 120
Start intensity 19 (%)
End intensity 19 (%)

Profile Name Whiteup
Ramp time (minutes) 120
Start intensity 20 (%)
End intensity 65 (%)

Profile Name Whiteday
Ramp time (minutes) 1
Start intensity 65 (%)
End intensity 65 (%)

Profile Name Whitedown
Ramp time (minutes) 210
Start intensity 65 (%)
End intensity 20 (%)

Variable outlet #1 called LEDBlue
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Time 06:30 to 10:30 Then Blueup
If Time 10:30 to 14:30 Then Blueday
If Time 14:30 to 18:00 Then Bluedown
If Time 18:00 to 20:00 Then Bluemoon
If Temp > 82.5 Then OFF

Variable outlet #2 called LEDWhite
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Time 08:30 to 10:30 Then Whiteup
If Time 10:30 to 16:00 Then Whiteday
If Time 16:00 to 18:00 Then Whitedow
If Temp > 82.5 Then OFF

Can seem a bit overwhelming, but after playing with it, makes sense pretty quick.
Programming an Apex is a real piece of cake compared to my AClll
Thanks BIG TIME. Between yours and MojoReef programming I've been running the new LEDs with no issues and I'm loving it! Take Care and thanks for sharing.
DoD

Back