APEX setup

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

1fishkeeper

Keeper of the algae
I was wanting to know if anyone that lives around me is a APEX person. I am totally lost when it comes to more then smacking something with a stick or rock. I need some help getting this thing set up and running so I can take everything off the surge protector and get it going on this thing.

really it is best that you learn all the code yourself so that you will better understand its true potential!

there is a huge thread online on another forum.

I'm in Lakewood if you got time on Wednesday I can stop by and help you set it up. PM me if your interested.

M.I.A Don't worry they'll find me!

Well I think I figured out how to turn it on LOL. I just done the updates I think I need to go back and double check it. But that is how far I am right now. Wednesday is about my only free day I have until next week. So that would be great if you could help me for a few.

Take a look at Reeftronics.net You can get useful ideas and see how everyone else has set up their profiles, wave makers, lighting schedule, ozone generators, virtual timers and anything else you can dream up.
If you really get stumped you can join the Neptune forums and search there for answers.
I have two EB8's a DC8 and a Break Out Box. It took me about a month to get my programming dialed in.

I was good talking with you ifishkeeper and looks like your on your way. Call or text me when your done experimenting and ready to setup the remote access.
Dtech07

I was good talking with you ifishkeeper and looks like your on your way. Call or text me when your done experimenting and ready to setup the remote access.
Dtech07

Thanks again for helping me out the other day. I am sure later on down the road I will have some questions.

Thanks again for helping me out the other day. I am sure later on down the road I will have some questions.

No proem it was good to meet you. We'll have it running you washer machine when were done haha. You got my number just call or PM me when your ready.
D

Well when setting it up my computer no longer wants to talk to it. When I log into the APEX screen all I get is a white screen. Nothing will pop up anymore. No dashboard nothing. I think my computer might be on its last leg. Come on tax return I need a new computer.

Just a check,
Go to your Aqua Controller and verify your IP address then clear your cashe for your Internet explorer then shut down for 5min. Turn back on and use the io address that you saw on the Aqua Controller. PM me the results.

something I never did is set my wireless router to have a static IP for the apex. so from time to time ( as I understand this) the router will asign the apex a new IP. on my display module I hit,system, net setup, ip address and them enter that IP in my address line on the computer. usually good for a month or so....or untill power outage etc.

if you want to control your unit over the internet then you will have to set up a static IP.

Back