Aptasia-X

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

wjguy

Mandarin
Red sea aptasia X, Have any of you used this product, I was thinking of getting some and wanted some feedback before the purchase

I purchased it after reading a bunch of stuff about how good it was supposed to work. I have to say, I've been disappointed. IMO, it's not thick enough. Because of this, you end up dosing a lot more than just the criminal anemone. Even turning off your pumps and powerheads, this stuff still gets blown around a bit. It's advertised as having something that attract the aiptasia and I'll admit that they do seem to be attracted to it. They will even stretch out towards the syringe and wrap their tentacles around it. I'm also not all that thrilled with the effects of the aiptasia that I've been successful in dosing. With Kalk paste, some die and don't come back, others seem to reappear after awhile. With the AiptasiaX, it seems to me that more reappear and reappear sooner.

just get a syringe with a 20g needle and inject them (don't just spray them or paste over them) with a thick kalkwasser mix :) Seems to work best IMHO

ya I did a bunch of research but it is always better to get some real world views, thanks for the info I will def not be making the order.

i was curious about it to obvously its not that great cuz ppl would be talking about it, but its always good to hear opinions about it!

Well, before I purchased it, there were LOTS of people talking about it, on lots of different forums. It was being praised all over the net!! That's why I decided to try it, after researching it myself. Maybe my experience with it is abnormal. But I'll tell ya, after trying it, and with the results I've had, I have most of it sitting on a shelf and went back to using Kalk paste...lol.

Did the job for me ...I piled it on top of him. Did not turn my 4 PH off either.. he is gone. I annoyed my zoos he was mixed in with.

I am pretty sure I over did it since there was a big pile of milky glob over what was once a Aptasia.

I prefer using a torch lighter if its on a rock with nothing on it. Pull out rock..scorch the son of a gun and grin.

We have had pretty good luck with it. It's not perfect but IMO it is better than anything else we have tried. We also used it without turning off powerheads and didn't have any problems.

I used it on the two aptasia's I had in my tank three times and each time they have came back the next month. IMO it stinks. Kalk past has worked better for me.

I'm a little late on this thread, but i'd like to say my 2c worth here. I like Aiptasia X and I have found that you have to feed it to the Aiptasia. They will latch on to the needle and just slowly feed the stuff to it. Count back and watch it implode.

It worked for me on a couple of them, I had 3 anenome (milano or aptasia unsure), fed it to them, and they disappeared and the zoas are growing over the spots. Could it be they already had little spawn and that we are only killing the large one..?

Back