Aptasia???

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mjslaugh

Well I just got done looking at the pics in the hitchickers thread, looking for what I see growing on one of my LR in my tank. The closest thing to it is the pic of aptasia, is this something bad?? I had one person tell me that I don't want it so if that is the case what should I do about it??

Whoops for got the pics. the first one is the highlighted item in question I know its hard to see but it is small like the size of a pencisl lead. and the second is my tank now that I reoganized the rock and got the rest of it in there.

pretty much you kill it by
natural: klein's butterflyfish
peppermint shrimp
manual: injecting with joe's juice
lemon juice injection

I would like to use peppermint shrimp, I want to add them eventually anyway, but I was told that since my tank has only been going for a week and a half I need to wait 2 months before it can handle crabs or shrimp, is that right??

Boiling water will get them fine. Do it before they start spreading and take over your tank and eat your children. :)

Don

Peppermint shrimp and a klines butterfly! I found my klines to do a better job for me though. I don't think my peppermints worked anything if at all!

...Do it before they start spreading and take over your tank and eat your children. :)

Don

:lol:

And you don't want that to happen because you've got a pretty cute kid! (Assuming that's your kid in your avatar picture!)

Whatever you do, do NOT try to manually remove it with a knife, screwdriver, corkscrew, etc. You'll only manage to shred it into bits that will float to the unreachable parts of your tank only to grow new little buggers.

Spackeling them over with a paste made of kalkwasser and saltwater will do them in also.

Back