Aqua C or Euro-Reef

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

thejuggernaut

I am new to the forum and am in the process of building a sump for a 90 gallon reef. To begin with it will probably just be a fowler tank until I can afford some nice lights. Id rather buy better quality equipment a little at a time than buy cheaper and get it all done quickly. My question is, for an in sump skimmer what would be a better skimmer. An Aqua C-120, PM Bullet-1 or a Euro-Reef RS 135. Like I said, Id rather spend a little bit more now and save alot of stress later. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Taylor

I think you get what you pay for on skimmers... unless you know a proven DIY version. I went with Euroreef based on recommendations. I can say it is very well built.

Thanks for the Reply. You said it is very well built, is that the only good think about it. Does it remove alot of crud or does it just sit there and make alot of noise...haha...I'm beginning to understand that the skimmer and lights are two of the most important things to consider in a reef tank, and I want to get them right.

I had to chime in here because I just bought a Euroreef RC250 after some research of both skimmers for my new tank set up. I am still weeks away from putting water in it. I will be feeding it with an Iwaki MD30RXT as my main for a 250gal system. I hope you get some more informative responses as far as performance as I will be following along too.

You will find proponents for both... cost being the driver towards Aqua C. Ease of use, impressive skimming is reported by Euro owners.

Welcome to the forum Juggernaut!!! I have the AquaC EV-120 and love it! I had it on my 90gal, my 75gal and now my cube and has worked well for the time I've had it. I looked at the Euroreefs as well as the Precision Marine's but I needed something at the time that could be used externally so I went with the Aqua C:)

my personal opinion, euro reef kicks aqua c's butt hard...and long...like a red headed step child.

ROFL!! But I like my AquaC EV-120!!! :p I may have to buy a Euroreef to see if you are right;)

Juggernaut... I know what you are going through! I am a probably a few months ahead of you with most of the 100 decisions made. I still have to make calls on controllers/monitors but the best part is last!!! Fish, corals, inverts, etc!!! Good luck and keep us posted!

Mark

Back