Aqua C urchin Pro - Questions

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

forsaken541

I just got an Urchin pro skimmer delivered today with the Mag 3 pump. I set it into my sump witht the pump attached and started it up just like the directions said and it filled with water and the collection cup is now floating and there is no air coming through. should the overflow water be flowing over the top with this skimmer or is this just normal break in? I am confused. Please help!!
Erik :confused:

if your water is filling the collection cup than it is adjusted wrong. you should have foam in the body of skimmer if this is not happening than either your skimmer and venturi is too far beloww water level. have you ever ran a skimmer before? if not we will have to go over the basics.

I have that skimmer. I run it on a Rio 2100 and its in water almost up to the output hole. This thing started to produce skimmate within a couple hours of turning it on. I think gobie is right, as long as the output is higher than your water level it should be fine.

nashion ,ithink what this person could use is a reference picture. since you have one maybe posting a picture would help. i have never used this skimmer before myself so i might not be that much help with it.

No I have ran a couple cheap skimmers in the past and the problem is that I don't see any outlet for the water other than the top of the unit. I am thinking that this one did not get the oulet drilled and installed or something. The water has no where else to go but up and out the top. If you have one where is the output for the unit, on the side?, cuz mine has none. I will try and get a pic of the unit since it isn't going to work as is.
Erik

Yeah, the output is high on one side. Very odd that they missed that.
C-Urchin.jpg

Yeah thats what I thought. Mine is devoid of any outlet at all. This sucks now I have sold my other skimmer and my new one is useless as is. Well I guess now we see how good Captive Reef customer service is and how fast they get me another, Thanks
Erik :mad:

call the manifacture

i would call the guy at aquac , he is very helpful and he takes care of his customers. i am will to bet he will send you a brand new skimmer.

Back