Aqua Medic T-5000 Baby

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Steven Pro

Professional Aquarist
Anyone use one of these? I am looking for opinions. They look like nice skimmers at a very attractive price, but I have yet to see one in action.

That makes two of us. I know aquamedic makes good products so i can't imagine the skimmer being bad. Maybe pricey but thats about it.

Have you tried typing that in on yahoo and seeing what results you get? You may be able to find a review or something.

Have you tried typing that in on yahoo and seeing what results you get? You may be able to find a review or something.

It is weird. It seems very few American aquarists uses these skimmers. I have talked to a few South African guys, but theirs were older with Eheim pumps and one gentleman from Singapore with Shorty's, Baby's, Single's, and Twin's. He seemed to love them.

they just really aren't very current or one of the new trends. it is not the cool new brand name so you dont see a lot of hype in the states.

Could you elaborate a bit? What do you mean by "sluggish"? And, which model T-5000 did you see: the Shorty, Baby, Single, or Twin?

thats the one brad....and after talking to the workers they comfirmed my suspicions....
it's the tall twin one...with 2 or 3700's.
granted, mabye the thing just needed to be cleaned or something...

i would think that with 13 lph of air that the or3700 would probably perform o.k. on the shorty model.
the twin wasnt very impressive...it's performance looked like a overgrown berlin skimmer with an attitude...lol

Last edited:
I was really thinking for the size the bubble density wasn't the greatest. But seeing Mojoreefs and jnarowes air compressed ones is kind of misleading because they are crazy.

I use the aquamedic turboflotor shorty on my 180 and think it is great. I have this photo from when it was first set up...maybe one to two weeks. I would recommend these skimmers. I assume that other models work well.
turbo2.jpg

Back