aquaC EV-120 blowing bubbles/not skimming!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

steevareno

I've had this skimmer on my 90gal FOWLR for 2 months and it won't skim and throws bubbles into the tank like crazy non stop! Has anyone had any experience with these skimmers? Had any similiar problems? Any suggestions as to what to do to get this thing working properly? I know they have a good reputation so it must be something i'm doing. Any help greatly appreciated!

Welcome to Reef Frontiers!!!

Since its been in use for 2 months, I would think it is probably already broken in. What pump are you using for it? Do you add any types of additives or supplements to the water? Are you also using any other form of filtration? How do you have it installed? What are the things you have tried to get it to function properly?

Did you try emailing AquaC about it? I have contacted them a couple times with questions/problems with my skimmer and they have been extremely helpful with good respond time.

I have the larger 180 model. Sounds like your pump is too large. As far as AquaC responding to emails, forget it. I had some problems at first and they were very responsive with operation advice. Now they are completing ignoring me because I need a replacement skimmer for a cracked/crazed unit that is under warranty.

I have never had issues with AquaC not responding.. Jason over there is top notch... Always Returns phone calls and emails... IMO it sounds like too big of a pump as well.. IME the skimmer is real picky about the pump..

James

I have the EV-180 and I use their highest recommended pump to run it. Turned out that pump is too powerful and I cannot adjust it using their instruction at all. I had to use the air valve to adjust the skimmer instead.

I thought it was odd that they recommend a pump that is too much for the skimmer. But it seems to be working now so I can't complaint.

Back