Aquac Ev question

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jordan

Greetings from down under! (Sydney Australia)

Does anyone here know what the internal / horizontal platform in the Aquac ev series are there for?
Thanks!
J

Welcome to RF Jordan! I have an AquaC EV120, but I have no idea what the platform is for. You may have to call tech support on that...

No one seems to know what it is there for. Reason being I was planning to do a DIY skimmer based on the AquaC. Just the internal horizontal baffle has got me 'baffled'.

Jordan - Welcome to Reef Frontiers!!!

I'm not sure what it is there for either :confused:. Unless it is there so the bubbley water makes its way to the tube part (don't you like my technical terms? ;)), and has enough distance to travel upwards. I know they want you to have the water level below that horizontal platform. I'm just guessing...

If you are asking about the horizontal platform at the top of the skimmer box then I am not sure.

If you are asking about the plate that runs diagonal at the bottom of the skimmer box, it is there from the previous design of the Aqua C. Before the recent changes, the outlet was low in the skimmer box. Without the diagonal platform the skimmer box would struggle to fill.

Thanks for the replies guys. Been enjoying my visits here on Reef Frontiers. Nice change from the other forum :badgrin: . Guys here seem more friendly!

Krish (or anyone can) would you be able to take a picture of the mixing box for the aquac? I've made my own skimmer based on the aquac but am baffled with the baffles...still. Got my injector making heaps of buubles but none coming into the riser. I've looked for other pics everywhere but can't find a pic that shows the mixing box due to the dark tint.

Thanks heaps guys.

Figured out what the horizontal platform is. It's there to provide an air chamber sealed from the mixing box bar the hole where the injector sprays onto the surface of the water through the small tube thus creating the air/water mix.

The only reason why I found out was that I bought a ev180. Very simple design.

So far it's not skimmed as much as I expected it to. The skimmer was purchased second hand so there should not have been a lengthy wearing in period. Skimmer was washed with vinegar and hot water and run for several days in used tank water prior to installation in sump.

I have tuned it to manual specs provided by Aquac.

The skimmer has only been able to produce light green skimate of wet consistency. The tank is a 4ft x 14' x 18' holding approximately 150litres excluding rock displacement. Bioload consists of 2 ocellaris, scopas, lawnmower blennie, green chromis, 2 x yellow chromis and a CBS. Mixed reef tank with softies and a few acro species.

it takes a little tuning in to get the best height in the mixing chamber to produce the most skimmate. Stick with it, they are a great skimmer.

Back