aquaclear 70 use as filter or furge?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

machine646

I have a 20 long with a fluval c5 hob filter,still struggling with bad water,should I use my aquaclear as a filter or fudge or use me c5 as a furge,I'm asking some advice

IMO the AquaClear style filters are much better/easier than canister type filters to use for expanded water volume sump/fuge's. The open top design makes it fast to inspect and or clean out detritus or filter media such as carbon bags. I have/use the big Aquaclear on my QT and could probable even fit a small titanium heater in there if needed.

Cheers, Todd

I too, use an aquaclear style filter on my 20 long for my qt/observation tank. I see no reason it can not be used on a display tank as refugium and/or carbon. I have never used a canister filter so I dont know much about the issues using them.

ive made fuges out of ACs for about a year now.... my 1st two were 30's and this most recent one was a AC70 with the 30s impellar and it works nicely... a skimmer is a good way of improving ur water parameters too!

IMO the AC would be better used as a media filter. I dont think you can keep enough Macro in it to make a difference for the DT

Back