aqualusion led fixtures

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

wpitrof

About a month ago I contacted Aqualusion, inquiring about a fixture for a tank i plan to build. I wanted to know witch of their fixtures would work for a 30x30x20 tank the reply i got is the following:

AQ630 AQ630 2' 260W/120W LED Fixture 4B/12W/12RGB W/B/Y/R L63 x W26 x H5.5 1 $469
Estimated shipping by EMS Air to 98433 USA $76
Estimated shipping by EMS Land to 98433 USA $50

or

AT310 AT310 3.1' 260W/90W LED Fixture 24B/36W/15RGB W/B/Y/R L93 x W18 x H5 1 $586
Estimated shipping by EMS Air to 98433 USA $62
Estimated shipping by EMS Land to 98433 USA $40

though the price is cheaper then i expected i figured i could make one that would fit directly for my need for cheaper.

Yesterday they sent me an email saying they have a new fixture :

Hi Wayne

Just want to give you an update. We recently upgraded our AT series light to 3W instead of 1.25W. The new AT2 light simulate much stronger light and penerate deep tanks better. AT2-310 now simulate 480W, AT2-310 now simulate 440W and AT2-210 now simulate 230W. If you have any need, dont hesitate to contact us. We look forward to hearing from you.

well i contacted them to get more info this is what i got back :

AT2-210 AT2-210 2.1' 230W/102W LED Fixture 18B/12W/12RGB W/B/Y/R L63 x W18 x H5 1 $431

and

AT2-310 AT2-310 3.1' 440W/159W LED Fixture 24B/24W/15RGB W/B/Y/R L93 x W18 x H5 1 $686

Quote expire: June 31th, 2010
Est. 2-3 weeks after receive confirmed order and payment
AQUALUSION
QUOTATION
U.S.Dollars / EXW Taiwan
100% T/T payment before shipment
Standard export carton packing

the AQ series is 5w LEDS
the AT series is 1.25w LEDS
the AT-2 series is 3w LEDS

Just thought i would share the info. If anyone has any experience with these I would like to know.

Wayne

the aq630 info: (im not sure what LED it uses)

- High power 5.8W LED light with excellent penetration depth. Our LED light can reach a depth of 1 meter. This is unlike general low power LED, which only has 1W or 3W output. This lighting fixture is for serious reef tank hobbyist.
- We use high quality 90 degree optic to deliver high PAR value deep into your tank
- Our LED system consists of 3 types of lights, white light, blue light and full RGB light. Each mode can be controlled by timer separately.
- The mixture of 14000k Blue and 5000K white light emit natural lights for both coral type: SPS and LPS.
- Our LED system has simple compact design. There is no fancy electric control that can be difficult to repair in the future. All you need is plugging it into a timer and you can control all 3 lights separately.
- Our LED system is built to top quality. The exterior is powder coated. You have 4 choice of color, red yellow, white and black.
- Our LED system has two units of thermo activated fans. Each unit consists of 2 dual ball bearing fans with quiet operation. If once unit failed, the second one will start. Fan only activate when LED reaches high temperature.
- The back of LED light has integrated aluminum radiator.
- Our LED system has professional power supply which is CE certified.
We use stainless reflector, stainless screw and a protective cover to prevent corrosion to the light fixture.
Dimension

63cm x 26cm x 5.5cm
Light Simulation

260W HQI
Total Power Consumption

120W
Input Voltage

110V/220V
Recommend Max Depth

120cm
Weight

5.6kg
Fan

2 sets x 2 units, 4 thermo activated fans total
LED Configuration

4 Blue LED 5.8W 470nm, 12 White LED 5.8W, 12 Full spectrum RGB LED
Lighting Mode

Mode A - Daylight 6700K, Mode B 11000K, Mode C Lunar Mode 14000K
Accessories

Bracket included, Hanger optional

the A310 Specs

- We use high quality 60 degree optic to deliver high PAR value deep into your tank
- Our LED system consists of 3 types of 1.25W lights, white light, blue light and full RGB light. Each mode can be controlled by timer separately.
- The mixture of 14000k Blue and 5000K white light emit natural lights for both coral type: SPS and LPS.
- Our LED system has simple compact design. There is no fancy electric control that can be difficult to repair in the future. All you need is plugging it into a timer and you can control all 3 lights separately.
- Our LED system is built to top quality. The exterior is powder coated. You have 4 choice of color, red yellow, white and black.
- AT series LED system has built in two dual ball bearing fans with quiet operation. Fan only activate when LED reaches high temperature.
- The back of LED light has integrated aluminum radiator.
- Our LED system has professional power supply which is CE certified.
- We use stainless reflector, stainless screw and a protective cover to prevent corrosion to the light fixture.
Dimension

L93xW18xH5cm
Light Simulation

260W
Total Power Consumption

90W
Input Voltage

110V/220V
Recommend Max Depth

70cm
Weight

4.4kg
Fan

2 thermo activated fans
LED Configuration

24 Blue LED 1.25W 470nm, 36 White LED 1.25W, 12 Full spectrum RGB LED
Lighting Mode

Mode A - Daylight 6700K, Mode B 11000K, Mode C Lunar Mode 14000K
Accessories

Bracket included, Hanger optional

here's the link: http://www.aqualusion.com/home/main.php

the 1.25w is not the CREE though I'm not sure what they use

Well if they are getting the LED from Taiwan manufacturers. There are 2 major players there is Epistar and Everlight Electronics.

They are just the big LED manufacturer in that part of the world. They are gaining ground on CREE's LED lighting tech. I'm going to guess that these are Luxeon chips being used. As Phillips has licensed thier LumiLED line to Epistar which the LumiLed line consist of Luxeon, SuperFlux and SnapLEDs. Luxeon has 1, 3 and 5w high power LED.

Honestly I don't know. CREE has the edge on LED technology as of now but solid state light sources are becoming very popular for all sorts of application due to their efficiency and life. As the demand and competition steps up the prices are sure to come down.

I think it all boils down to time. I was going to DIY but I don't have the time to do all that so I just bought a fixture.

dang roscoe, your the info guru on leds. let us know why you chose your led fixture, functionality, price, or power?

dang roscoe, your the info guru on leds. let us know why you chose your led fixture, functionality, price, or power?

I chose the Lumensky for all the reasons you mentioned. I don't really care about controlability. All I need for my lighting to do is turn on and off at it's set time. I could've gotten something cheaper but I wanted to settle for something middle ground plus I got it for a great deal too. I should have my fixture wednesday. I will take PAR readings once I get it at different heights and post my numbers since no manufacturer are willing to do this for thier consumers!!

Last edited:
Back