Aquapod 24 pc cord placement

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Whatnow

Any Aquapod 24 gal pc owners here?

I am having a problem putting in the heater. The cord won't fit thru the same hole as the pump and the other cord access hole is in use. It seems I may have to drill. Is there any other way? I don't want to damage it.

You would think current usa would have made bigger holes for the cords.

Also I'm going to put it in the 2nd compartment. It's the Guardian 10"/50w. It says recommended for all "fresh water" aquariums up to 10 gallons. My question is will this heater be enough for the small comartment or should I get the 110w.

Last edited:
Do you have the PC or halide version? I have PC version and frankly I've not needed a heater at all. IN fact, I have to keep the hood up because it continually overheats. I'm very disappointed actually. I've removed the lights and popped the covered vent, why they didn't put a second fan in there i'll never know. I also replaced the pump with a maxi jet as I've heard others do but that hasn't helped much. I'm going to try a maxi jet 900 and if that doesn't help I'm going to beat it with a hammer.

I have a heater in mine although never turns opn and it fits in the cord hole so I can't help you there.

I put a 100w heater in my aquapod. a 50w will most likely work as long as your house/apartment doesn't get too cold and it has to work overtime.

I have the HQI version of the aquapod so can't comment on the heater hole. All my cords just hang over the back.

I also don't have any heat issues but actually my heater has actually been coming on the past day or so. I'm sure that will change next summer when our house is hot.

Back