aquascape and flow in one?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

darklcd

nursing eel
Hey all

I am trying to come up with ideas for my tank and I thought that I might be able to run pvc through the rock either drilled through or with zip ties and have spots in the pipe to have water run though and out into the tank. I have herd of people doing this but I wanted to see if anyone on here has tried it.

Please let me know

If you do that then where ever you have outputs the water will back siphon all that water from your main tank into you sump if you ever had a power outage. This equals flood sure you can drill siphon breaks but those fail too when they clog up with algae . This would be a cool idea for closed loop but not for a return line from the sump

Last edited:
I plan to have it run a a closed loop to make sure that dose not happen. I want to run an overFlow box straight to the pump that way even if I have a power outage I should still be ok

I plan to have it run a a closed loop to make sure that dose not happen. I want to run an overFlow box straight to the pump that way even if I have a power outage I should still be ok

What do you mean by straight from the overflow box to the pump? If your overflow drains directly into the pump then you won't have a sump.

If you have the overflow box run as part of the closed loop then its not a closed loop as it is open at the overflow. What will happen is that you will end up syphoning bubbles into the closed loop and then turn your tank into a skimmer?? lol

Mojo

Back