AquaStatus Widget now available

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

slallen

What is it?
The AquaStatus Widget is application that takes the statistics provided by your web enabled controller (AC3/3Pro with ethernet) and places them on your desktop in floating window.

How does it work?
This is down by using the Yahoo!Widget Engine. By setting the url to your controllers status page it will reach out and gather data based on a user settable refresh time. Currently, Temperature, ph, ORP, devices and status.

How much does it cost?
Just like the Signature Generator - Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zero. There are no ads, no pop-ups, no tracking cookies, or fees. If you feel guilty about using it for free, then renew your membership to your local reef club, send a donation to MASNA, or give a newbie a frag of something and help spread the responsible reef keeping ethic.

Okay, I'm sold, how to I get started?
Register for an account at reefchat.org and once you're logged in, click 'Extras' then 'AquaStatus Widget' from the top menu. I'd appreciate feedback on how to make it better. You can either post useing the forums or via the feedback module on the front page.

The controllers the application supports can grow, too. If you have another controller that has a web interface, and it's not listed here, I'd love to work with you to make it compatible. In fact the version for the LightHouse is in the works right now. So stay tuned!

Back