AquaticLife Smart Buddie RODI booster pump review

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

N1Husker

RF Staff
After spending 1 hour and 40 minutes to make 3 gallons of water I finally got fed up and decided to invest in a booster pump. After researching booster pumps I decided to get the Aquaticlife Smart Buddie. I liked the features of this one because it had a low pressure switch that as I turned off the water supply valve, it shut the pump off and it the filter system gets clogged for some reason it has a high pressure switch that shuts it off so it won't cause something to build up and cause leaks. It also flushes the unit for 18 second each time it starts up and contains a built in flow restrictor. It was easy to plumb and is a smart looking stand alone unit. Whereas it use to take me 1 hour and 40 minutes to make 3 gallons of water, it now takes me 35 minutes to make the same amount. I live rurally and I have lousy water pressure and I fill a 5 gallon bucket with 3 gallons of RODI water times 8 buckets. It use to take all day and into the evening to make filtered water, it now takes just the morning to do the same. It does not come with any 1/4" tubing, you must purchase that separately, fortunately I had extra.

Back