Are these lights good for just softies?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

porksoda

Nano-Reefer
Well right now my tank is running on stock lights and i want to start carrying softies. Well here are the spec's 36" Coralife PC deluxe light. 2 x 96 watt 03 actinic and 10k + moonlights and adjustable legs. Well i have a 55 gallon. And i really dont have alot of money for lights. And the guy selling them is selling them for 120 shipped i think that is good. But let me know wat you think.

porksoda

In my FOWLR, all i have is two 40w flourecent tubes and i can grow the random zoas and mushrooms just fine. But i know that the water in that tank also is super nutrient rich as i dont really do anything but top it off...(one of the tanks that you dont do anything with, but dont really want to tear down either)

good luck

-augustus

Last edited:
2 actinic bulbs won't do much for your corals!!!! you need at least one of them to be around 10k, preferably both for coral growth...mixing them would look better ( 1 actinic, one 10k), but they will probably do better under 2-10k bulbs...i would find out how old the bulbs are on it...you may have to replace them soon anyway

For softies those lights will be a good start. Then saveup for some hilides to expand your livestock. Thats how I started with my 46 bowed.

true that!!
save your pennies, halides or t-5's are in your future.

oh so to the question..

2-10Ks and 1 actinic hmm.. nice

Back