asexual algae.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mercenary-grunt

what macro algae dosent go asexual. im looking for some sea grass. like turtle grass or the sort, i dont think turtle grass goes asexual but I tuink it needs way to high of lights. any ideas.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2.

AFAIK feather calurpa is about the most user friendly algea in the hobby. I've never heard of anyone over the last seven years complain about it going asexual, clouding a tank or causing problems.

I have always used the feather calerpa and its easy to grow and I've never had it go asexual in the 5-6 yrs I've had a refugium so I agree with trido.

Is that the same as the common name mexi calupra.
Or grape calupra.

Ive never had a problem with flame algae , calupra, spagetti(chaeto) or the halimadea....why r u worried?
Reefs2go looks to have the turtle stuff ur talking about.
Hths man
D

Is that the same as the common name mexi calupra.
Or grape calupra.

.why r u worried?

D
Feather calurpa is more leafy and each leaf actually looks kind of like a bird feather.
Grape calurpa will go asexual (or bloom so to speak) and cloud out a whole tank, cause the skimmer to go nuts, cause lack of O2 or lower Ph and has in rare cases caused tank crashes.
Halimedia is a calcium using plant and is of no use other than ornamental algea and Cheato can also suddenly go asexual or basically melt and disintegrate causing the same issues as grape calurpa.

Just thought you'd like to know. ;)

ok thank you. I was just trying to gain knowledge. long leaf chalurpa goes asexual too, right?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2.

Back