ASM G1 collection cup

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ichthys

Well I had this great ASM G1 with mesh mod and gate valve up for sale in the classified, and I had a buyer, so I was taking it to the car this morning and slipped on the ice and the skimmer went one way and I went the other. It landed completely upside down and shattered the collection cup. The skimmer body survived fine, and the pump wasnt attached, so its fine, but I now own a completely useless skimmer with no collection cup. The only one I can find online was 42 plus shipping which seems a lot when I was selling the whole thing for 80 bucks. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do? Does anyone have a spare ASM G1 collection cup they arent using? If not I will probably just trash the body and sell the Sedra 3500 pump by itself... wow what a way to end the year... that would be a good question for a forum, whats the most expensive reef component you have broken or destroyed...

Wow!!! Sorry to hear man...That totally sucks :shock:!! Hopefully someone does have an extra collection cup lying around. I can't think of any alternative route other than getting a replacement cup because if you were to DIY something, probably wouldn't be worth the time nor money for what you will end up selling for. Maybe you can check with a few of the sponsors here (or hopefully they see the thread and chime in). They may have some skimmers that came in broken that the cups are still good you could get off of them. Just a thought...Hope you get it sorted out :)

OK so i got home and looked at it closer and the cup isnt completely destroyed, just the bottom of the cup, someone could glue in a piece of acrylic and make it work. BUT, things got worse.. as I was bringing it in the house I dropped the pump and now the pump inlet has a chip in it. I seem cursed with this skimmer. Someone come get it, FREE, a handy DIY person could get this running great, but I want to wash my hands of it. I would prefer that it doesnt get land filled, so its free to anyone who wants to come pick it up,

Back