ATI Bubblemast 250 replacement

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

meitzler

fraggy
I am replacing my ATI Bubblemast 250 for a 330 gal reef/fish due to reliability concerns. Considering the following

1. Trigger System Titan
2. Vertex Alpha 200 Cone
3. Bubble Magnus NAC9

Which is the most quiet and durable?

hola!!
well....
first off.. im guessing that you are having start up issues with the sicce psk 2500's
the skimmer design it's self is an excellent, and you might want to consider replacing
your sicce psk 2500's with sicce psk 1000's, a newer pump that has a digitally controlled start up
and a hermetically sealed motor. the outlet of the newer sicce's is male instead of female so there is a bit of conversion involved,
but nothing some plumbing pieces or silicone hose w/ ziptie cant fix.
Sicce Professional Protein Skimmer Pump w/ Needle Wheel w/ AquaMaxx Venturi

also you could of course get a single askoll laguna 1500 and connect it to one pump port, and close off the second pump inlet.
Pumps
of course you could spend a bit more on the same pump modified by BK:
Red Dragon Air 1500 - Skimmer Pumps - Red Dragon Pumps - Pumps - Wave Makers, Pumps and Powerheads

but if your just itching to get a new skimmer for 330g, i recommend the following: cone or cylinder your choice;
SKIMZ SM 251 MONZTER E SERIES - IN-SUMP PROTEIN SKIMMER - AquaCave
SKIMZ SK 251 KONE E SERIES - IN-SUMP PROTEIN SKIMMER - AquaCave

Last edited:
Hi:

I replaced my ATI Bubblemaster 250 with the Trigger Titan skimmer. It is a good replacement fit space wise. The design allows you to clean every component of it which is not possible with the Bubblemaster. I do not have it long enough to comment on performance. It is made in the US, so we can give our neighbors a job. My ATI will be going on the classifieds for sale.

Back