ATI Coral Plus T5HO Life?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

NanaReefer

I replaced all my lamps back in February. 1 new lamp for me is the ATI Coral Plus. Well I've been getting an algae film on my front glass and what looks like cyano on my SB. All happening directly under where the Coral Plus is. So I took out the lamp and sure enough, 1 end is almost completely black. What's up with that? After only 5 months? Is this not a little short on life of the lamp?

How long do you run your lights per day? What ballast/driver do you have running them? Are they enclosed in a hood with no air circulation to keep them cool? All these things can effect the life of any given bulb. Yes it seems a little short to me as well but sometimes thats just what happens. ATI is typically a pretty dang good T5 bulb to run.

Lot of questions I've no idea how to answer-LOL! The fixture is an AquaticLife 4x24w T5HO-does that help? No internal fans.

That all sound good. Then IMO I would say you must have just gotten a bad bulb with a shorter than normal life. It happens occasionally. Someone else I know got one that was bad pretty much right out of the box and spent says rewiring, changing ballasts and pulling hair out trying to figure out what was shorted out since he knew it couldn't be bad bulbs since they were all brand new :D Low and behold one bulb was the culprit all along.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Back