attatching frags

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

aloha_ssn

have a squestion for every one how do you secure your frags in your tank. what do you use or do you just set them in and let them attatch them selves.
if you attatch them how do you do it. i'm new to the reef tank and not sure how to do this and i'm sure there are otheres that have the same question.

thanks for the help
brian

Most people use gel super glue or marine epoxy. I've used the glue with great success, but never tried epoxy. Although I think most people use that to attach whatever "plug" the frag is attached to, to the rock. The nice thing about gel super glue is that you can actually glue under water if you are quick.HTH :D

Good thread!

brian - it really depends on what types of corals you have frags of. For SPS, as snobanker posted, you can use super glue gel pretty easily to attach the frag to either a piece of rubble, the rock, a plug, golf tee, etc. There are some ideas in this thread: What have you fragged?. Some softies you can place a toothpick right through the base of the coral and glue the toothpick to whatever you want to attach the frag to. Also bridal veil material tied around the rock and coral.

Hope this helps!

Back