Auto tank drain???

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Dieselbreath

Lost in the salty water
I was thinking about moving my sump to the garage this summer in order to quiet down the tank. I also would like to make it a bit more simple to change water. How are you that have this set up doing it? Say a "T" in the return line to the tank with a valve on it to dump water outside instead of back to the tank????? I also would probably upsize the size of my sump.

How long could the tank go while this change over is happening??

How long do you reccommend waiting before running water thru the SCH 40 pipe after it has been glued?

DB

I know I have read about people doing this. No one has any input. How was it plumbed? I want a faster easier way to change the water in the tank.

DB

Diesel do a search under DonW's name I am pretty sure he made an automated one.

Mike

Since your moving out to the garage I would just put in a second sump. Connect the two together with a valve to seperate them. When it time for a water change seperate the two sumps by closing a valve. Drain one and mix up your new water in it. When the water is done just put it back into the loop. This way the system never goes offline and you can take as much time as needed to geth the new mix just right.

Don

So would you pump water back to the tank from both sumps, or just the primary? It sounds as if you would have dual sumps and could alternate if you had an issue, of course you would have to run the equipment in the sump that is being used.

What size pvc should one be using to get max volume out of a mag 18? Less than 3' of head pressure.

DB

Back