Auto top off Level Controller

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

The Apprentice

Hi Guys I am thinking of getting a pair of the SpectraPure Power Liquid Level Controllers to maintain my sump level while I am gone for 3 days has anyone ever had any experiance with them? Good and or Bad Thanks for tips and set up points if you have used them or been around them.

I have an ATO (auto top off) and it works great! I'm not sure if the one you have works the same. I have a 30g garbage can I fill with top off water and fill every 2 weeks. Hopefull yours works like mine. Sorry I couldn't be more help, goodluck.

I have got a tunze osmolator the only issue I had was that in plugging in the transformer it wants to come away from the wall because of its weight other than that no problems but ive only used it for a week now :) Paul

The only problem that i've ever had with it is that the suction cups aren't that great and fall off a lot. Other than that it works really well. I turned mine on an angle verses straight up and down. Sure my reserve pump is used more but my salinity is very stable.

hello never trust anything that use`s suction cups or tie wraps i`m saying this because of past experience`s i have had two different auto top off`s over the years that have let me down. I bought a Oceanus Systems auto top off and i can tell you this it is built like a tank and the brackets are very heavy duty you don`t have to worry about them going any where and they are a plug and play system. plus they are the only ones that control your pumps i have 2 iwaki 100 rlts that are pluged direct to oceanus controller. thumbs up to oceanus systems.

Suction Cups = taken the advice

I want thank shallowreef ,paul,fishead 77 & aquamadman I did remove the suction cups and i affixed them rigidly in my tank with some epoxy and I ran the 2 weeks before going on vacation. Wow I have never left these tanks for 8 days unattended but the auto top off worked great all live stock looks great and i had a great time away so if you ever have questions about auto top off they do work and are a great addition to your tank I am setting mine up to be used full time now:)

Last edited:
Fishead,
I just hooked up an ATO to my system... Keeps shutting off too soon. How quickly are you filling your sump so that the unit doesn't do it's safety shut off thing????

Thanks for the feedback

Last edited:
Back