Baby Clowns

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

IPisces

I picked up these babies about two months ago. They were only an inch or so long when I got them. They were too small to go into the display tank yet so they have been in a 5 gal tank on my kitchen counter until today. I finally introduced them to the 34 gal tank and in less than a minute this is what happened.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMmLW2FcbGs

Last edited:
Its a platinum and a picasso. The platinum has claimed dominance too. I figured the platinum one would become the female.

Nice.....I love watching clowns host their anemone's.....how those frags doing?

Nice.....I love watching clowns host their anemone's.....how those frags doing?

They are all doing great. Everything opened up great that evening except the blue angels. One of them is just starting to open. I know they are sensitive but I think they should be just fine.

I was really surprised I didnt have problems with aggression. The orange ones have been in the tank for around 10 months. My black ones were in another tank. I have had them for over a year and a half now. I introduced the black ones to the tank last weekend and was praying for no aggression. I got really lucky!

I think I may have to take the anemone out of the tank with the babies. They have been agressive towards each other all day today. Really wish they would get along better. They have been together since birth. Maybe just sibling rivalry. But its got to stop. I dont want to see either one hurt.

Thanks, They are actually getting better. For the first few days they wouldnt come out of it to eat. They are at least coming out far enough and just long enough to grab food as its floating by now. Talk about addiction.:rolleyes:

That's so cool! I was worried my clowns wouldn't host. When I first introduced my pair to my tank they went straight in!

Wow here it is 3 years later and the babies are having babies of their own.
So sad that I dont have the means to raise them. None of them will servive. Makes me sad. Wish I hadnt seen them. They look like they will probably hatch tonight. egg sacks are elongated, clear and you can see their big eyes.
All those shiny things just to the left of the nem are all eggs. wish I didnt have to work. I have the equipment, just dont have the food or the time.

I have an one orange and one black both sharing one gbta. I'm not sure if they're a pair or not. I've had the orange one longer and introduced the black when it was almost half the size of the orange. It's now grown a bit larger than the orange. Even though they share one anemone, does it mean they're mated? My second anemone, a rbta, used to be close by and they'd hop from one anemone to the other. The rbta has since moved over to the other side of the tank while the clowns stayed with the gbta.

If they are sharing the same anemone, they are probably paired up. Does not necessarily mean they will breed. But they could. I have a pair of orange ocellaris and I do not think they have ever laid eggs.

Back