baby mantis shrimps

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

daReefPeep

stingray
I found some little shrimps in the back of my overflow two of them. They have little claws and they roll around on the bottom of the sand they are really small or i would take a picture. Has anyone had this before? And if I have two could there be a whole bunch in the tank? uh oh... I also noticed that there is little shells back there from snails in the corner that they hang out. could it be anything else? Thanks.

Awwww sorry to hear they weren't mantis shrimp for ya I know how much you was looking forward to them. LOL jk

I'm thinkin if its amphipods it should be alot more than 2. Thats probably all it is. Is this your first salt tank. If so you'll have all kinds of bugs crawling around in it

How longs your tank been up for???

Small pistol shrimp? The LFS was unpacking their live rock and there were small pistol shrimp in the bottom of the box...I was like "Whats that with the claws...one bigger then the other?" and he said small pistol shrimp. He gave me one to put in my tank but that evening it became a casualty of a bristle worm I didn't know I had.

Back