Back for those who remember...Hello for those who dont :)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Tieg

Due to being in military had to sell our 75 gal and 30 gal in 2010 so we could move across country from WA to CT. But now we are settled and we bought a used 33 gallon tank from LFS and getting ready to start it up this weekend :) Got an awesome deal on the tank and a set of ECORAY60D LED lighting along with a couple of used Korelias and a new heater for $300. Have a LFS not to far away from me that is going out of business and is going to hook me up with some live sand and live rock that is all established. Hopefully the tank cycle will be painless. Look forward to interacting with the RF population as I enjoyed some conversation as well as some awesome learning experiences with y'all in the past. :rockon:

Welcome back!! :welcome:. Good luck with jumping into the hobby again! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, welcome back.
Hope the move went well and great deal on the new set up.
Too bad the LFS is going out of business. Hope there is another close by.
Looking forward to pics of the new system.

Well, :welcome: back to the CLUB Tieg. We needed some more peeps on the other coast to balance us out a bit anyhow so, on with the show pics man we need to see some pics. Great pickup on that system by the way, sure you'll like the LED's and the way they make everything pop!

Cheers, Todd

Thanks peeps. I was concerned about the LED lighting as I've never used them before. A lot of mixed reviews online with them. A lot of peeps like them a a lot of the traditionalist don't. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Here is a pic of the tank that I'm in the process of cleaning up. The coralline came off the glass easy but the stuff on the back plastic is a lot tougher and suspect will be the main cause of the cycling process.

image-3074344626.jpg

Looks like you have a little bit of cleaning to do on the tank.
I have LEDs on one of my tanks. I also have t-5s and MH on another. I really like the LEDs.

Looks like you have a little bit of cleaning to do on the tank.
I have LEDs on one of my tanks. I also have t-5s and MH on another. I really like the LEDs.

Yeah...there's a bit of scraping still going on. That stuff on the back is horrible to get off. Threw away all the bio balls and working a deal on some LR rubble.

Thanks for the welcome all.

Back