Back from Vacation

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Raamiah

So I just got back from a week long vacation to CA and AZ to see family and I left the tank in the hands of my secretary at church. She did a wonderful job while I was gone!!! :clap2:

Here's what happened though:
Some of my snails apparently kept flipping upside down and she kept turning them over because they couldn't do it themselves. All seems well now though and she said it was just for about 2 days.

While I was in CA talking about my coral with family I realized randomly that when I was gluing the coral down (so she wouldn't have to deal with pieces falling down bc of crabs and snails) I didn't see one of them (my Lunar Eclipse zoas) and they are still missing. How does a piece of coral on a frag plug just disappear? I still can't find it now that I'm back and obviously neither could my secretary. I searched under the sand bed and as far as I can tell it's NOWHERE!

Last but not least the smaller of my clowns disappeared between Monday afternoon and Tuesday AM and they couldn't find it anywhere and assumed that the crabs (hermits and emerald) and snails ate the whole body overnight. I came into work this morning and sure enough no clown. After talking with everyone about how things were going since I was gone and telling them about my vacation I took a look in the sump (secretary had already checked the filter sock) and I finally looked in the overflow box and lo and behold in the right drain was my clown (Cleo) swimming around in the drain section of the overflow box. I shut down the return pump and the suction to the drain and pulled the silencer and poured some water down the drain and got him into the sump and pulled him up and threw him into the display. I have a feeling he is much happier now.
sfun_duh.gif
sfun_duh.gif
sfun_duh.gif
sfun_duh.gif

Now all I gotta do is find that stupid frag and do a water change and I'll and the tank will be happy again...I hope

Good to hear your clown is good. Sorry bout the plug though. Did you check in the tight places of you rock work? I lost piece of my monti one night and didnt see it for a month. Then one day i was just nosin around and i saw a lil glow of red...and there it was, growing. Its up in the light and very happy now. Oh yeah, welcome back.

Thanks. I haven't torn my tank apart but I just can't seem to find the frag anywhere. The only thing I think could have happened is my emerald crab thought it was a tasty snack and took it to the under reaches of the rock work and ate it as a snack. Other than that I am lost for answers.

Even if the crab ate the zoa I doubt it ate the plug. I would try a flashlight and looking in some of the caves.

That's what baffles me is the whole plug is gone too. I have used a flashlight to look for it with no luck just yet.
I'm banking on the whole magically reappearing back where it was method but I'll continue to have the search party look for it.

I lost a peppermint shrimp recently in my tank, its been 4 days. Even checked with a flashlight last night and couldnt find him.
Havent even found a carcus of it or anything :/

Sent from my Evo Shift

I lost a peppermint shrimp recently in my tank, its been 4 days. Even checked with a flashlight last night and couldnt find him.
Havent even found a carcus of it or anything :/

Sent from my Evo Shift
Sorry to hear that!
So I went back through my pictures of all my coral and noticed that the coral that I thought was on the empty frag plug was never on a frag plug! :doh:
SO...the empty frag plug is where my Lunars were on. The rock they were on that was glued to the plug is MIA and I blame the Emerald crab. That sorta solves things...except I don't like my emerald crab much anymore. :)

Back