Backup battery power?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jezzeaepi

Howdy,

A while ago I bought a xantrex 400 UPS to run my circulation pumps in case of power failure. It stopped working on me a little while ago, so I am trying to find something to replace it with since they are no longer making the the 400 model. Does anyone know of a UPS that has a large battery and puts out a true sine wave power source? The xantrex was awesome because it had a 40ah battery and would run for like 12+ hours. The ones I am seeing online have much smaller batteries(like 8-12ah). Does such a product still exist, or would I need to build it myself? Xantrex still makes the 1800 model, but at $650 it is significantly more expensive then the 400 model which was like $150.

Peace,
Jesse

Shameless self bump. Does anyone have an Uninterruptible power source they use for their tank?

I have a natural gas generator that powers my whole house 30 seconds is the longest interruption I have. It is great. I know that isn't the answer you were looking for, but that is my safety net.

I have a natural gas generator that powers my whole house 30 seconds is the longest interruption I have. It is great. I know that isn't the answer you were looking for, but that is my safety net.

That will definitely be my answer in the future. Just trying to find a solution now that works for apartment dwellers.

Back