bad anemones

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

reefgirl78

Hi,

I was wondering if you know any tricks other than kalswisser trick for getting rid of the bad anemones?

Thanks,
Alison

Peppermint shrimp will sometimes eat Aiptasia. There are some fish that will also, but I wouldn't recommend that route. I use Kalk paste I make with Pickling Lime. Others have had success using Lemon Juice. I've also recently read of great successes using liquid Drano...of all things. In fact, there's a thread on this forum talking about that and I believe it's Boomer saying it's safe. Please forgive me if it's not Boomer...but I think it is. I think it's in the Chemistry forum.

Lemon juice has always worked the best for me...I've tried kalk paste, peppermint shrimps, ect, but I always go back to lemon juice in a hypodermic syringe.

MikeS

Well, if they are really "bad anemones", you should give them a spanking. Maybe they will act better next time :lol:

I have three peppermint shrimp that cleaned them out of my tank within a week. If I could trap them you could have them cuz they look hungry.

if the tank is large enough, Copperband Butterfly... if there arent that many, syringe with rubbing alcohol

Back