Bad Day

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Raamiah

So had a bad reefkeeping day today. At work I spent over 45 mins trying to get a snail out of my overflow pipes as it made its way through the overflow box into the pipes. It was just big enough that it got stuck just after it left the box because the size changes before it hits the tubing. Took a long time just to be able to get close to get it up and out of the box. Grrrr. Then today at home I was in the bedroom and heard some odd noise coming from the living room. I thought it was something outside because the windows were open. I walked into the family room and the HOB fuge was acting funny so I fiddled with it then shut it off. Then turned it back on and it started working and cleaned out some chaeto. I walked back a few mins later and could only find one of my BW clowns. Turns out the smaller clown got sucked up in the fuge and got pummeled to death. Found it underneath the chaeto in the fuge. I am so pissed right now. I put the extra part on so no fish can get sucked up now. I had it off so it would skim the surface but obviously that was a bad idea. BAD DAY!!!!!

Last edited:
I've done that once or twice sshhhh 2nd time was a close one. least it didnt flood, still a bummer

Yeah, your in good company! We all have crap like that happen. We all learn as we go. So sorry for you loss.
Chin up. It will get better!

I'm more worried about finding time to find a BW clown to get the one I have a new mate.
They were young but I think I should still get one that is smaller than the one I have (it was the smaller of the two that went on the slip and slide).
I'm busy the rest of the week so it wouldn't until be Sunday or Monday that I would be able to pick a new one up. I'm sure Jasmine (yeah the fish get names) will be fine but I for some reason feel the need to get her a new little guy.

When I got into work this AM the tank was a bit cloudy and discovered that some chaeto somehow got into my skimmers pump and so the skimmer wasn't working all night long basically and caused the top tank to cloud up a little bit. UFFDA!

Back