bak pak micro bubbles ?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Saltstick

Saltstick
got a dual cpr bakpak and not running any media with the new accela ph's and can't get it dialed in to where i'm not spilling bubbles into my tank. anyone use the external bubble traps for these? any good? any help? anyone..............:confused:

usually takes a few days to calm down a bit,
use the air adjuster and dial it to barely fill the chambers with bubbles
every time I clean mine it takes a little while for the micro bubbles to stop going back into the tank.

I used to have a CPR dual Bakpak with the accela pumps let's just say it was a micro bubble disaster. I tried the Bubble traps didn't work at all and how they designed the bubble traps they are made for a single pump bakpak not a dual and you end up having one that doesn't have a screw to hold it on but you don't really need the screw they are pretty tight fitting but needless to say I hated that thing and ended up sending it back and getting a different skimmer.

thanks guys, i've got a 55 oceanic and just figured out i can fit the outlet and 1 ph in it and let the other ph hang in the tank next to the overflow. i was almost ready to get a bulkhead and run a pvc pipe to the overflow if it didn't fit. thanks for the advice as i am a new member to the site.

What else works guys as i came up with a u shaped 1/8 thick plexi and hung it so the micro bubbles had to travel down 16 inches to make it out cut them out completly ..my customer was happy !

Well after watching Hubby try and try to fix that thing I told him to get it out of the tank before I thru it out of the house lol. We tried with it for 2 months and I am very happy now with my skimmer I love it I even enjoy cleaning it now isn't that crazy :) Saltstick have you had any problems with the pumps starting up? We had one pump that would have problems with start up.

Did you sat overflow??
you have a sump??
Heres whet I did!
I added a small length of hose to the pump (I think 5/8ths) to the skimmer and got a length of hose (1 inch spa flex) to the output of the bak pak and hung it on the back of my sump...
no more bubbles in the tank...

Well after watching Hubby try and try to fix that thing I told him to get it out of the tank before I thru it out of the house lol. We tried with it for 2 months and I am very happy now with my skimmer I love it I even enjoy cleaning it now isn't that crazy Saltstick have you had any problems with the pumps starting up? We had one pump that would have problems with start up.

i haven't had any problems priming the pumps and everything works fine now. it just amazes me that this is supposed to be a plug and play system.

Did you sat overflow??
you have a sump??
Heres whet I did!
I added a small length of hose to the pump (I think 5/8ths) to the skimmer and got a length of hose (1 inch spa flex) to the output of the bak pak and hung it on the back of my sump...
no more bubbles in the tank...

thanks guys

...and if you have a sump, i would suggest selling the bakpak and geting an in-sump skimmer when you can afford...

if you need skimmer ideas, tell me how much space you have in the sump to accomodate a skimmer, and what your budget is...

Back