barehands vS PLASTIC HANDS

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

sunny_mittu

Does Putting Our Hand Too Much Can Be The Couse Of Bacterial Infection Or Other Desease

with my tiny 10 gal nano I'm in it every day almost with my hands. I have gloves but I hate putting them on because I have less control if I need to grab something tiny and with a 10 gal everythings tiny. I havn't noticed anything bad with having my hands in the tank. But who knows. thats my 2 cents.

I agree with Krish, its better to be safe and not risk getting poisoned by things like zoas,

hAVE nO cHOICE (couldn't resist, sorry :D), but use bare hands, when need do reach fine objects at the bottom, where the long-handled plastic grip couldn't reach, same for a small, densely stocked tanks.

i do bare hands sometimes dood:).
it's good to wear gloves specially if you have a cut in your hands (you could get an infection in there)and you're moving corals around.
It's also good to wash your hands before and after you're putting them in the tank because if you're handling oils (cars) or whatever.. you don't wanna dump that in your system ( i have to do this since i like putting lotion on my hands :D) or you don't wanna have something from the tank in your lunch dood :D

If God had wanted me to wear gloves in the aquarium, he would have given me a larger brain. Wait, did that come out right? I don't worry about my arms cuz they are always inflamed and infected anyway. At least ever since I had a coral tank. Always wondered why. Probably from the full moon or liberals.

Back