BB with coraline

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Krish

RF STAFF
I know this may be a very long shot, but does anyone have any photos or a link to where I can see some bb tanks with coraline covering the bottom? I'm thinking on switching my ssb to bb (seeing that after I measured, my substrate is only about 1/4 inch thick anyway)and I just wanted to get an idea of how it will look before removing my substrate. Thanks:)

you know dood now that i think about it, i dont' think i have ever seen that or may be a don't remember hmm...
well we'll see if someone post a picture

ill dig one up later krish. its not totally covered but on its way.

i think it looks pretty cool. it will look real nice with the whole bottom covered. it seems to like the darker areas as opposed to the direct light. hope it helps. steve

Thanks for posting the picture for me Steve! It does look great! I'm slowly working my way to bb weekly with water changes. I just bury my tube in the substrate and what ever comes out, stays out. I'd say it's about a cup or so each week. Thanks again...

I had put a little sand in my tank for a yellow watchman goby.needless to say the sand ended up everywhere. I used a plastic spatula and pulled most of what i could reach to the front and pushed it into a plastic cup. it made it a little easier to remove faster and what was left was enough so that it did not plugg the siphon.

I had put a little sand in my tank for a yellow watchman goby.needless to say the sand ended up everywhere. I used a plastic spatula and pulled most of what i could reach to the front and pushed it into a plastic cup. it made it a little easier to remove faster and what was left was enough so that it did not plugg the siphon.

Cool! How my tank is aquascaped, I could pull all of my substrate out in about 20 mins with no problem or having to touch my rocks. I just looked at your new batch of pictures on your other thread and with those lockline nozzles pointing down, sand would never have a chance in your tank(LOL) Great pictures BTW!

the lockline is hooked up to a mag 24 from the sump. during the rock scrubbing i made sure to leave plenty of room for flow. whats wierd though is in one of those other pics right where the water stream is strongest on the back is where the algae seems to like.

It isn't brown algae by any chance huh? Exactly where my 2 Seio's point on either ends of my tank, is the only place I have brown algae...That's weird!
Yeah...What! Mag24?! My friend hooked up one of those things to show me the flow from it in his tank, and it tore up all of his live plants(LOL) I tried that same pump on a closed loop in my tank on my last setup and because of trapped air (I would assume) it sounded like the titanic!(LOL) Great pump for the buck though IMO. You must have crazy flow in there...

my tank is more to the deep side around 30 inches or so. with the rise from the sump couple elbows and the 3 way on the lockline it tones it down a bit. I had a bright idea one day to put the original drip tray and sponge under the returns like they used to be with my 850 gph little giant. you know catch some of the detritus before it got in the sump. well i was standing there admireing my handy work and didnt take notice that my sump level was going down. needless to say i overflowed the tank and the water ran down the wall in the back to my surge protectors and sparks were flying if ya know what i mean. every foul word ive ever learned chirped from my lips and everyone in the house knew right away i was up to something... you get the picture.....lol

LOL Sounds like Gabby and me...We are trying to see who will have more floods by the end of the year!!(LOL)

I put cutting board down on my tank bottom. It is already getting the little dots of coraline coverage everywhere. It will be pink/purple soon.

Steve where did you get a cutting board that size or did you use multiple ones? I am thinking about pulling out my sand bed once I finish my sump, since I will have to tear down the tank to get the sump in.

Thanks
Brian

I just got them from lowes and cut them to fit with a circular saw. They have a black one with gold flecks too. I think that would look awesome. I just went with white. Its nice because it lets light thru to the sump to make it easy to see in there.

Well i use to have a dsb in the 90 then went bb on the 120 setup. i used black acrylic to keep the light from the fuge coming up.
Now im thinking of pulling that out when i replace the front glass pane, replacing it with a rough rocky tile, one piece. the purpose is to have a more rock looking bottom when the coraline covers it instead of being so flat.
I'll show pic's when i get the tank pulled apart.

Mungus, I don't know if this'll help, but I got my "starboard" (marine plyboard) from a local Boater's World store that just opened. Anywhere that sells supplies for boats (especially those stores that outfit saltwater boats) should have the starboard.
It's the same material that people are getting from the cutting board companies.

Thanks for the replies everyone and the ideas. It helped a lot, maybe too much. I just pulled up my entire sandbed and I'm loving it! I wanted to post some pictures tonight, but the tank is still a little cloudy so tomorrow I'll have something to share...

Back