Berghia Nudibranchs

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Mine did great, though they ran out of food and most died, I believe. The other day, while doing some maintenance, I did find one that was alive and huge. I moved it to a tank where it can find more food. After our group buy, I ran across some additional information. It seems that their color indicates their health. When healthy, they are a light brown/gray color, as all of ours were when delivered. As they run out of food, their color lightens up. They will eventually turn pure white, which is an indication that they're starving. I wish I'd have known that sooner, because, for awhile, there was one that we kept spotting in Angie's Nano, that was lightening up, and eventually turned white. The tanks that we put the Berghia in are still free of any aiptasia. I never saw any lay eggs, or any young. However, I put most of ours in a rubbermaid tote with a lot of aiptasia infested live rock. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they laid eggs in that tote and if there are young in there. I don't pay a lot of attention to that tote except for minimal maintenance....lol. In fact, that's where I found a large, healthy one the other day.

Haha yeah - I've never seen mine once I released them, but I'm sure they got all the pesky aiptasia I had deep in my rocks, the blooms are down to near 0, I catch maybe 1 new aiptasia a month.........

I know Chelsie and Luke seem to be able to at least monitor theirs, and they've found eggs!

Haha yeah - I've never seen mine once I released them, but I'm sure they got all the pesky aiptasia I had deep in my rocks, the blooms are down to near 0, I catch maybe 1 new aiptasia a month.........

I know Chelsie and Luke seem to be able to at least monitor theirs, and they've found eggs!

Cool, Chelsie was telling me about the eggs! She had brought some to the frag swap but someone had already spoken for them. Maybe next batch!

I know this thread is old, but does someone have the link to where they got the berghias or is anyone interested in doing another group buy? I have an aiptasia problem and I bet this little buggers could curb them down to where it was manageable to pick them off.

Here's a link to our original group buy. http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42857 They weren't purchased from a website, but from Kyle, Dew2Loud1, here on Reef Frontiers. It was a great order and they all came in looking healthy and decent sized. I wouldn't be surprised if we were able to get another group buy going. Anyone else in Spokane interested??

Back