best 10k 400w

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

lvsuckerfish

g funk
what is the best 10k bulb for a galaxy ballast. I just want to see what other thoughts on bulbs for this combo. I plan on staying away from 20ks until my new 240 frag tank has grown out some.

this will be supplement with vhos either 8 24" or 8 36" not sure yet as the reflectors will over power the vhos so I will need alot to supp the white yellow tint out.

Why the 10K if your wanting to wash out the yellow/white colors? why not a 12/14/15K so as to get the whiter spectrum than a 20K but still has more of the blue that your looking for?

most tanks I seen in person have 10k with vhos with great growth and also the blue vhos set the colors off real nice. I am going for growth wise then color will come later. I will then go back to 20k bulbs.

with the 10k the par will be higher then 12 24 15 k rated bulbs
vhos will supp the blue.

If you are going for fast growth and don't mind yellowish look, IMO you will get very good results with 400W SE bulbs in following order:
Iwasaki 6500K
XM 10K
Ushio 10K

most tanks I seen in person have 10k with vhos with great growth and also the blue vhos set the colors off real nice. I am going for growth wise then color will come later. I will then go back to 20k bulbs.

with the 10k the par will be higher then 12 24 15 k rated bulbs
vhos will supp the blue.

Back