Best ph monitor

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Nemo415

Hey guys I'm tired of using test kits to test ph and since I have more than one tank I would like to know why you think the ph monitor you use is the best . Also if you could tell me what you paid for it and a link to where you bought it that would be helpful . Thanks in advance . :D

I use the Pinpoint pH monitor (never tried any others). I like it, however one thing to keep in mind with the monitors, you have to keep them calibrated in order to get accurate readings. I also hang onto a test kit, just in case I want to double check a reading. Also, I've found with the monitors, it is best to use batteries on them, otherwise you can get interference from the ballasts. Here is a good article recently put out by RH-F about calibration solutions: A Comparison of pH Calibration Buffers

I purchased mine from Premium Aquatics, a sponsor here. You can go to the sponsor page, and click on the various sponsors to find the best deal. Custom Aquatics gives a 5% discount when you check out if you click through their banner on the sponsor page (they probably have a coupon code, but I don't know what it is....I always just click on the banner).

Hope this helps!

PinPoints are Ok but I think the Neptune AquaController by Neptune Systems and especially the Octopus by AquaDyne is better.

Now you did say best correct :D

You do not have enough money for a Johnson/Yokogawa or a Horiba. When their brochure or website says call for price you know something is wrong :lol:

Back