Best pump for Aqua c urchin?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jeffnewt

Barred Morey
I have a urchin, not the pro, and I am about to upgrade the pump, but I am not sure If it can be "overpowerd" if I get too big on one. Does anyone know what might work best without overdoing it?

well, aqua c was on crack when they designed those skimmers anyway, and it's well known throughout the industry that their pump recommendations are unrealistic to power an injection skimmer.

i've never seen an remora/urchin or any ev series skimmer perform well with the stock pump.

So any other reccomondations other then a mag 5 or 7? that seems like a bit much. The tubing is tricky to reconfigure. I have to figure out how to put the larger pump outflow to the smaller sized tubing. I wanted to go the backpack route, but i had to go in sump, and I had so little room to work with.

it's not a bit much at all for that skimmer, and the outlet is the same size on the mag 3-7, so same size tubing.
the best pump would probably be an eheim 1260 (600gph), but they are spendy.
go onto RC and ask people what they think....

Yeah, I am trying the same thing, I found a new Hagen thats 400gph this weekend and I threw it on. Seems better considering it came with a maxijet...

Theres hardly anything to pull out of the water through so its hard to tell, theres no fish in the tank. 600 gph not too much? I would think so.

Back