best re-aquascape

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

morgan

commercial coral diver
hey i was going to re-aquascape for new corals and to catch a fish what do you think is the best way to go about this i have 4 buckets and was gonna take all the corals out and put them in buckets and then put the rock on plasctic bags
is this the way that u would go about it or do sumthing dioffernt
all opions needed

I have a 29gal tank that I put a heater and maxijet in for my corals and then put my rock in a couple of rubbermaid tubs. Works good for me. Thank goodness I've only had to do it a couple of times over the last 3 years. Good luck!

I would also try all means of trapping/catching (with hook or net during feeding time, and if that doesnt work go with richards idea.
good luck

-augustus

what we did when we completely redid our tank was we put all the rock in rubbermaid tubs like his idea, but we put the corals and the smaller fish in a huge cooler. the temperature stayed right at where we needed it in the closed cooler. We left the larger fish in the tank while doing it, but it is a 200 gallon and the fish are smart enough to stay away from where we were working. We changed the aquascape around 5 times this year... lol. Youll be fine without heaters or pumps if it is under 2 hours IMO. this is just how we have done it. guess its pretty much like richards idea... :p

yeah i know u do west oz cause im gonna be helping u do it

i do want to catch the fish but i do need to re-aqua scape after cutting out just about all my softs to set up an lps dominated tank so the rock lay out need to change and the plus is i can get rid of the damsel

do u make extra water for the rubber maids or just use your tank water?

Back