Best way to eradicate Paly's?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

villious

I have a patch of Paly's that are growing rapidly on a live rock. I would like to get rid of them. I can't take the rock out of the tank, so that being said, what would be the best way to get them out/kill them? Can I inject them with something?

Thanks so much!
Woody

If you have to,try mixing up some kalkwasser powder and water and turn off your powerheads, and spread the paste over the palys with a syringe. It also depends on how much of a area you need to clean them off of and how big your tank is.
Seems like a better option would be to do some trading with them.

I have the same problem with some green ones. I mix up the kalk and water and inject it into thier mouths. I only do a few at a time, wait for them to start dying and then suck them up with a turkey baster. This works on majanos, too.

I bet if you posted somethng like "free paly's, you take off (bring frag tools)"... They would probably be gone within a week. Of course you would have to make sure they are responsibly fragging, which for me would be the hardest part. What ever alternative you choose, good luck :)

Thanks,

-augustus

They are on a large, dense, hard rock. It would be very hard to get them off intact. They are ugly brown ones and I'm not sure anyone would want them anyway :)

Back