best way to frag a kenya tree?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

lol that might work for a smaller coral this guy is 6-7" tall and about as big around at the base as my wrist i'll try to post a pic or two tomorrow.

that stuff will literally peel off. Oh and if you leave a little piece behind it will keep growing.

Lets see a pic, it must be a nice specimen!

ohh I think I strayed. If you want to frag it just take a piece off at a branch base.

Kenya tree drops branches when it thrives. You should see a knot where it looks like it wants to separate.

yeah kenyas drop branches so fast and multiply so fast you cant keep up lol all you have to do is rip off a branch just like everyone else said and it will grow from that...ive acidentaly ripped off branches and they just sprout up in a matter of a day heh

ohh I think I strayed. If you want to frag it just take a piece off at a branch base.

Kenya tree drops branches when it thrives. You should see a knot where it looks like it wants to separate.

your not kidding. In the last week my big kenya (6-7 inches tall) dropped almost a dozen.

inkmates, the best way is to pull, rip, or cut. your not going to kill it.

i started with one now have over 25.... and others in meny other tanks...

very strong

wow.. thats a nice looking kenya.. what kind of setup do you have?

My kenya is tall, but its not bushy like that

Picture3003386.jpg

mine a few weeks ago.... but today its sheding

29 gallon display 10 gallon fuge pc lighting on display regular flourescence on fuge setting up for some seahorses in the near future, pretty low flow chat more latter thanks for the coment happy reefing

Cut with a sharp blade or scissor. Then use a bridal net to wrap it around a piece of rock. Make sure its not too tight and not too loose. Then put this on a low flow area. Wait for several weeks for it to attach to a rock.

Then your good to go.

try turning the rock its mounted to on its side so that more light gets to a new area, I've got some huge mexican turbos that move everything thats not bolted down so mine is always getting shifted

high flow keeps em growing a little slower... they just drop a lot more...

you can pinch them off with your finger, and stick them to a rock... it will grow..

you dont have to wait weeks... it happens in days in good water conditions... this softie is hardy and doesnt require much.

ive had low flow/no flow low light no light, its hardy for sure.

Back