Bicolor blenny is acting werid

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

happyface888

Well I recently changed out my old skimmer for a new skimmer and I also swaped out my mj1200 for a koralia 3 and I noticed that after all these changes the bicolor doesnt come out anymore. Could it be it doesnt like the new flow? My tank is a 45g and is 18high 28long and 18deep. all my other fishes are fine but the bicolor its hidding more and doesnt come out much.

The bicolor has alos stopped comming out to eat and is more of a pale color.. Should I wait it out and see how the bicolor is?

How long has it been?

Did you change any of the rockscape?

You should also test the water for stray voltage with a multimeter (HD or Lowes has them). Some fish are more sensitive to the little changes than others.

Its only been 2days, I did not touch the rocks i only swapped out my mj1200 for a koralia 3. I dont believe I have a stray voltage running around, no other fish have been affected also the bicolor was acting all normal until I messed with my tank for 4hours or so tweaking the powerhead and skimmer.

Could just be the fact that you were messing with it for 4 hours. I know that my Starry has a tendency to freak out when I start messing with the tank.

Personally, I'd give it a bit, keep your hands out of the water as much as you can, feed like you normally would, and just let things be, which should be a goal for every reefkeeper. Perhaps keeping your distance from the tank unless absolutely necessary will help him return to normal, seeing as how as of now, whenever you are around, the blenny associates you with its stress.

Back