Big snails or little snails????

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

pitmam01

Blondie911
Most of the snails in my tank are big, almost as big as golf balls. :shock: They are like a wrecking crew sometimes, knocking corals off their pedastools, so to speak. Are the smaller types of snails more effecient as far as cleaning??

I dont know if I would use the term efficient but smaller snails can definately get into tighter spots than your bulldozer turbo snails. :)

imo small snails, they dont knock as much stuff over and when big snails die they stink more and can disturb the water quality faster.

A nice variety of snails is always good to have. They will go after different food sources, so do a better job of overall "cleaning".

ya i would go to the rental shop return the bulldozers and get some smaller shovels and rakes and stuff... maybe even a skidsteer if you needed it....

but your runing full size equipment all the time thats a lotta fuel being sucked down...

lol

no but the smaller snails (equipment) get in tigher spots...

I have to disagree with most everyone else on this thread. I had some smaller snails and it seemed they didn't do a very good job cleaning up, then got some bigger ones (I think Turbos?) and they ate everything, alot more than the smaller snails.

Back