Bio-ball reuse/cleaning?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Handegard

Two is better!
This one is out of left feild ;)

I'm thinking of tearing my 50 down (it has only one damsel) and turning it into a planted fresh tank.

I have a bioball wet/dry down there now. I know the biowheels are popular for fresh, so I assume this'll work pretty good.

Any ideas on what I should do to clean the bioballs first? Anyne know where I can buy new ones?

If you are switching from salt to fresh, I would rinse them really good and re-use them that way or just replace them all together. I wouldn't just re-use them as is...:)

JUst rinse them, if you really want to clean them which is not that important, put them in a bucket with bleach, then rinse and use some dechlor.

My buddy has a planted discus tank and is soooo beautiful! The stuff needs cutting back a lot, but looks great!

gregb
If you dont go back to SW we are not going to talk to you anymore & thats that.

I wouldn't give up saltwater ;)

I this is my FOWLR. I also have a reef, and would only be turning this fresh if I setup my 25 as a FOWLR at the same time ;)

hmm, when do you want to meet, i'm just itching to get them out, though beware i think the marble pleco may eat plants, so you can donate him else where if he becomes a problem

Back