Blind puffer

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

csababubbles

Lee,

Hello, hoping you can offer some advice regarding my puffer. He is the first fish I ever bought in 2005. He is having some skin issues for past two months but its clearing up well. The main problem is he acts blind, bumping into everything all the time. It must have happened while I was homeless for a while and he was stuck for a few months in a temporary holding tank, and he pretty much stppped eating for months anf months and got real skinny. When I got a place to live a month ago and put him in his tank, I noticed he acted blind and he had the skin lesions. Hes in good water now with his bully evicted (a large and nasty bannerfish). So his skin is getting better and I have been able to litterally handfeed him a couple of smelts every other day. he doesnt crash into much amymore but that could be because I removed a lot of rockscaping and he could have just habituated to the rockscaping. So what is my future hopes with this guy? Is he a.goner, can he get some sight back and why did it happen if there was no physical injury? I hope you can offer advice but it seems my questions are rhetorical.

csabubbles,

Earl is correct. Lee is no longer part of the forum as he is off to China for business.

I believe you are doing all that can be done at the moment. Just keep up with water changes and proper food nutrition.

Back